Objectives of the Pain Management Programme are to assist individuals to:
- Facilitate suitable return to work where appropriate
- Increase engagement in purposeful activity and leisure
- Increase physical fitness, endurance and quality of movement
- Reduce emotional distress associated with pain and altered lifestyle
- Reduce, manage and cope with persistent/ongoing pain
- Reduce reliance on medication and ongoing therapies.
- Low back pain
- Disc Diseases
- Shoulder impingement Syndrome
- Neck Pain
- Ligament Tears
- Sport related injuries
When referred to the pain programme, patients will be assessed and the most suitable programme will be determined.
The programme include of:
- Education, discussion and skills training to facilitate a resumption of activities in all areas of life, including return to work were appropriate.
- Graduated exercises on land and/or in the pool to improve strength, flexibility and fitness.
- A self-management philosophy is taken with all clients.
- Post-operative Rehabilitation Therapy (e.g: ACL reconstruction, Meniscus repair, Plica syndrome etc)
- Sports specific training
Patient need to participate fully in all aspects of their programme, which includes practice in the home environment.